The Vigilante Marder (“Marten” in German) is a German armored personnel carrier (APC) developed by Rheinmetall, with the updated model 1A5 providing better mine protection due to its remodeled interior and armor. It is equipped with a Diehl track, which can be fitted with rubber road pads, and a sloped hull for improved protection.
The Marder 1A5 comes with an array of weapons; a MK 20 DM 6A1 20mm main cannon, a coaxial MG3A1 7.62 mm machine gun, and a MILAN anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) launcher. It can carry 5 crewmates and is fitted with a MTU MB 883 diesel engine with 600 horsepower, reaching up to 65 km/h.
This vehicle blueprint comes with both desert and forest textures, is fully rigged, and includes animated tracks, turret rotation as well as elevation, mirrors, and hatches. A destructible state model is included with damaged geometry, textures, and both fire as well as smoke FX. This asset also includes weapon firing and dust FX from the tracks when driving.
The asset is set up as a traditional Unreal vehicle with an interior but can be modified as needed to suit your purpose. It is drivable with proper physics performance by using Epic Games’ Chaos Vehicles plugin. The Chaos Vehicles plugin must be enabled for vehicle movement to work. Also, the environmental clouds are utilizing the Volumetrics plugin from Epic Games and the scene uses Lumen.
A sample showcase/demo Blueprint has been included with an environment map and User Interface (UI). When you “Play” the map, the UI includes camera presets, sliders, and buttons to demonstrate the key functionalities of the vehicle.
Disclaimer: This asset uses the Volumetrics plugin and the Chaos Vehicles system plugin from Epic Games for demonstration purposes only. The vehicle asset can be used and modified without this plugin enabled in your personal projects.
The Volumetrics plugin is used for the clouds in the scene by utilizing the volume creation and rendering tools therein. The Chaos Vehicles system plugin allows users to use vehicle physics simulations to make realistic vehicle movement.
All rights of the Volumetrics plugin and the Chaos Vehicles system plugin are the exclusive property of Epic Games. Vigilante does make any warranties, inferred or implied, regarding the use of Epic’s plugins.
- Compliant with SISO Entity Reference No.:126.96.36.199.1.5
- High quality vehicle mesh with both forest and desert textures as well as a detailed interior
- Textures controllable via Blueprint Parameter
- Emissive material driven headlights for increased performance
- DIS/HLA (RPR FOM) integration ready
- Adjustable hatches, mirrors, turret rotation and elevation
- Equipped with a 20 mm turret, a coaxial 7.62 mm gun and a MILAN missile launcher, with their associated FX
- Tracks-driven rotation and visual FX for road dust
- Damaged vehicle state and associated fire and smoke FX
Number of Blueprints: 19
Input: Keyboard, Mouse, DIS / HLA (RPR FOM) Protocols
Network Replicated: No, requires integration into a Network Replicated Product or System
Supported Development Platforms: Win-64
Documentation (PDF): Click here for Vehicle Documentation
Customization Guide (PDF): Click here for the Vigilante Asset Guide
- Version 2.0.0 – Base version
- Version 2.0.1 – Emissive texture fix. Changes to Showcase level.